BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
frandell
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Guys,

At our site there is a user running SAS 9.3 32 bit with an Oracle 12c Client 32 bit. Whenever she submits an Oracle engine libname statement, SAS crashes.

Can you please tell me if there are compatibility issues between these two versions?

Thanks very much in advance,

Francesco

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Is there any error messages for the crash?

Perhaps this is best suited for SAS tech support. Be ready to supply them with OS (Windows?!) version, SAS TS level, SAS log + program.

If possible, check if any other (non SAS) client can use the same Oracle client from that machine.

Data never sleeps
frandell
Calcite | Level 5

Hi LInusH,

Thank you very much for your response. The PC is running Windows 7 but I have not had any way to check further details about it.

Anyway, I have checked the Oracle client some minutes ago issuing the tnsping from the DOS command line and I have got a NL-00605 error, so I guess the error does not depend on the SAS installation but it's an exclusive matter of the Oracle client.

I suggest not go go more deeply about my question. I will manage to give another feedback if the SAS installation is involved again.

Best regards,

Francesco

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation