BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aranganayagi
Obsidian | Level 7
I want to run SAS programs from backend and have the result and log to be stored in permanent folder.
Can someone help to get the command
6 REPLIES 6
aranganayagi
Obsidian | Level 7
I want to run the program and have the result even if the session is closed or disconnected
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

In what?  You haven't provided any information.  What software are you using, is it server based, local install.  What type of program.  

If a session is closed prematurely then it stops at the point it was running at normally.

aranganayagi
Obsidian | Level 7
I am running sas program in server. Whenever LAN is disconnected, the programs are getting aborted. I heard there is one command called nohup, Can someone help to get the exact command and how to use it.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@aranganayagi wrote:
I am running sas program in server. Whenever LAN is disconnected, the programs are getting aborted. I heard there is one command called nohup, Can someone help to get the exact command and how to use it.

That's an easy one.

As soon as you have something that can be run from the commandline (eg a SAS program that can be run with the supplied sasbatch.sh), do

nohup sasbatch.sh program.sas &

The & at the end moves the program to the background (you immediately get your prompt back, and are shown the number of the background process). nohup prevents the sendig of a SIGHUP to the process in case the connection fails/is terminated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation