BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@JohnChen_TW - unfortunately I don't think that is possible with "normal" SAS. Maybe SAS's DS2 is worth checking out? I'm pretty sure that is only available with SAS 9.4 though.

JohnChen_TW
Quartz | Level 8

@SASKiwi I've discussed with our vendor and they will provide us the results with 14 decimal places at most in the future. (although I'm still curious how to fix it)

Thanks again for all your replies:)

JC

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@JohnChen_TW wrote:

@SASKiwi I've discussed with our vendor and they will provide us the results with 14 decimal places at most in the future. (although I'm still curious how to fix it)

Thanks again for all your replies:)

JC

Since the 15-decimal-digits precision is a hard limit imposed by the use of the 8-byte real format for numerical storage, there is no fix until software that works with numbers switches to 128 bits for numerical storage. Given the non-existent statistical relevance of such digits, I don't expect that switch for statistical software in the near future. You might see something in accounting software, where people would want precision down to cents in amounts like the GDP of the US.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation