BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VinayKY
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

How do I retrieve options specified on a library while allocating it programatically in SAS 9.1.3?

Suppose, I have following statement:

libname mylib '/path/to/mylib' compress=yes;

So, How do I know that the libref 'mylib' defined above is a compressed library? I could not find any relevant dictionary table which holds this information....

Also, if I run following statement, it prints the info in SAS log, making me think that SAS does hold the information somewhere:

libname mylib list;

Following are few initial lines of log(which prints compress value):

NOTE: Libref=   MYLIB

Scope=    IOM ROOT COMP ENV

Engine=   V9

Compress= YES

Thanks

Vinay

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

That is System option . You need to check it at dictionary.options .

Or

proc options option=compress;run;

Ksharp

VinayKY
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ksharp

'Compress' is system option too and can be specified on a LIBNAME too. There are other options which could be specified on LIBNAME statement.

My question specifically is related to LIBNAME option only. How to I retrieve options specified on LIBNAME statement?

Hope it makes it clear

Thanks

Vinay

Ksharp
Super User

That is a complicated problem. You can mix libname option and system option as you did .

Different engine has different options . Maybe you need to check it at Documentation for different Engine .

Or talk to Technology Support .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation