BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MeganE
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all,

I have an array code, and i'd like to convert bvar(i) to the actual variable name that it's referencing at the time and put it as text into another character field.  I've bolded it in the code. So i'd like for it to say xclm_thru## instead of bvar(i).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Data junk.x4b2_rewrite3 ;

/*new vars*/
    array vvar(*) $200 case1 - case&max.;
    array wvar(*) new_clm_from1 - new_clm_from&max.;
    array xvar(*) new_clm_thru1 - new_clm_thru&max.;

set junk.x4b2_rewrite2;
        /*existing vars*/
        array avar(*) xclm_from1 - xclm_from&max.;
        array bvar(*) xclm_thru1 - xclm_thru&max.;

do i=1 to &max.;
        do j=2 to &max.;
        by kecc_id;
            if bvar(i) > avar(j) then do;
                wvar(i)=avar(i);    /*from*/
                xvar(i)=bvar(j);    /*thru*/
                vvar(i)="03 - bvar(i) next claim start date is earlier than current claim end date";
            end;

end;
    end;
    format new_clm_from: new_clm_thru: mmddyy10.;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MeganE
Pyrite | Level 9

Got it.  Typical.  Messed around with it for more than 30 minutes before posting out here, and then 5 minutes later i find it.  🙂

vvar(i)=cats("03 - ", vvalue(bvar(i))," > ", vvalue(avar(j))," next claim start date is earlier than current claim end date");

vvalue.  It doesn't give me xclm_from##, it gives me the value for xclm_from##, which is just as good for what I was looking for.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MeganE
Pyrite | Level 9

Got it.  Typical.  Messed around with it for more than 30 minutes before posting out here, and then 5 minutes later i find it.  🙂

vvar(i)=cats("03 - ", vvalue(bvar(i))," > ", vvalue(avar(j))," next claim start date is earlier than current claim end date");

vvalue.  It doesn't give me xclm_from##, it gives me the value for xclm_from##, which is just as good for what I was looking for.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation