BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shayan2012
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I am trying to run remote sas on wrds by this code:

%let wrds = wrds.wharton.upenn.edu 4016;

options comamid = TCP remote=WRDS;

signon username=_prompt_;  /* I also tried this option: Username=XXXX Password=XXXX but got the same result*/

rsubmit;

but after I enter the user and password in the prompted window , I come to this error log:

195  %let wrds = wrds.wharton.upenn.edu 4016;

196  options comamid = TCP remote=WRDS;

197  signon username=_prompt_;

NOTE: Remote signon to WRDS commencing (SAS Release 9.02.01M0P020508).

ERROR: A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has occurred.

ERROR: Cannot start remote process.

ERROR: Remote signon to WRDS canceled.

201  rsubmit;

ERROR: A link must be established by executing the SIGNON command before you can communicate

with WRDS.

ERROR: Remote submit to WRDS canceled

Can anyone please help me why is this happening? Could it be because of my firewall settings?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
art297
Opal | Level 21

I'm not familiar with WRDS, and don't know from where (or on what) you are trying to access it, but possibly the following might help:

http://www.mysmu.edu/faculty/rogerloh/database/WrdsTunnelConnection.pdf

Shayan2012
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks a lot Arthur,

I should wait till my administrator installs that for me to see whether works.

Calcite | Level 5

Try input your username using all small letters. Wrds support said that the username for remote access is case-sensitive.

Sometimes I need to restart SAS to make this step work. Before getting to this step, I also tried to deactivate my firewall/ allow the SAS to go through firewall. 

Hope it helps. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation