BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
subhra07
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi This is Subhra.

I have a query. I am using SAS EG. I am taking the online course of SAS programming essentials. When I wanted to run the program which CREATES PRACTICE DATA FOR ECPRG193 in SAS EG I got the error I am attaching the screenshot. PleaseIMG_20171124_151334.jpg help me out how to resolve this.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

From that rather blurred screenshot, it tells you the problem.  You are getting data from somewhere which is in UTF8 character set, and your EG session is setup to be WLATIN character session.  Speak to your system admin, from what I understand, most people have moved to UTF based character sets rather than the old WLATIN, and once your NLS is setup correclty to use UTF then you will not have the issue.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Hint: When you need to copy something off a screen for posting, that cannot be copied as text with ctrl-c/ctrl-v, use a very nice (free!) picture utility called irfanview (google will find it immediately). It has a screenshot option that "photographs" the area in question and saves it as you see it to a jpeg or png file.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation