BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
R_Win
Calcite | Level 5
How can we migrate a sas code form one version to another version.

For example i am having a code of v6. to current sas 9.2 how can i do this.(or) from sas 9.1.3 to 9.2
2 REPLIES 2
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
The conversion from minor version to major, should be mostly straightforward.

Are you having troubles executing the v6 code under v9?

Cheers from Portugal.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
If this is pure SAS code only then it's quite strait forward:
SAS is on a code level very backward compatible and the huge majority of code just might run under the new SAS version without any problems.

Migrating from SAS v6 to SAS v9:
Well, that's quite a jump. I believe 99% of code would just work except from a few commands which might no more exists under SAS 9 (i.e: DO OVER).
If there are also SAS datasets involved: Migrating these datasets from the v6 version to the v9 version would be beneficial - but even without migrating everything still would work (also all variable names would be restricted to 8 characters only).

If there is also metadata involved (i.e. EG projects) then the story gets much more complicated and the migration path will depend on the source and target version. For SAS9.1 to SAS9.2: There is a migration wizard for EG projects in the EG folder which can be used - but first all the metadata must be setup in the target and source environment. It's best to read first the SAS docus about migrating from SAS9.1 to SAS9.2 and plan the steps prior to executing them - or you risk to end up with heaps of problems and a "messy" 9.2 environment (speaking from experience....).

HTh
Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation