BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
shellp55
Quartz | Level 8

Hi

I have some hospital data and want to create a field of "Shifts" based on the registration time.  I created the time by using "timepart(regdttm).

For shift I specified the length as 15 and used the code: 

if admhour ge '7:00't  and admhour le '17:00't then shift="0700 to 1700 hours";

This doesn't produce an error but doesn't have anything showing in the "shift" column even though there are cases that should be.  I also tried leaving the time in its SAS format and entered as a number but that didn't work either.

All assistance greatly appreciated.   Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

The error is not in the code shown, it most likely reside at or prior to the calculation of admHour. Please post more.

PG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

The error is not in the code shown, it most likely reside at or prior to the calculation of admHour. Please post more.

PG
shellp55
Quartz | Level 8

Duh, stupid mistake on my part - the Ahour formula was before the field of regdttm had been created so once I put the shift after the field existed it worked.

Thanks so much PG Stats! 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation