BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASSLICK001
Obsidian | Level 7

HI all 

I have a situation where I have to read from sas dataset A and create dataset B and next time in the do loop I have to read it from Dataset B and so on ! How can I achieve this?

Thanks for all the help!

J

3 REPLIES 3
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @SASSLICK001,

Can you please provide more details on your question, e.g., sample data (in the form of a data step) together with the intended result and existing SAS code (or pseudocode) of the algorithm you have in mind? For example, is the DO loop a macro %DO loop?

ballardw
Super User

It is also quite likely if your additional datasteps are only calculating new variables and such that they could all be done in one datastep.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Maybe proc datasets command AGE could be useful here

proc datasets lib=myLib nolist;

age B A OLD_A OLDER_A;

run;

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation