BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
advoss
Quartz | Level 8
How can I "extract" the Recently Used File List information from the SASUSER.PROFILE catalog? And of course, the follow-up question would then be: Can I update the Recently Used File List information in the SASUSER.PROFILE catalog programmatically?

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User
I'd be a bit cautious when using the recently used file list. Depending on how I open certain programs they may or may not appear on my list. But if that's fine with you than have fun with it.
art297
Opal | Level 21
I'm not sure if the following is showing the same thing as you are asking, but it might be worth a try:

data thefiles;
set sashelp.vextfl;
run;

Art
advoss
Quartz | Level 8
No, that shows me information about external files that I am reading. I'm really interested in getting at the list of sas program files/scripts that I have used most recently. Since I'm too lazy to keep good notes, some judicious programming might serve me a little better for what I was working on two days ago.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Such a feature/function in SAS does not exist. It may or may not be a suitable enhancement item, however you will want to be very clear about how/where you want SAS to keep track of this information (interactive, batch, otherwise?).

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
How many programs do you access in two days? In your preferences you can bump up the number shown to 30.
Reeza
Super User
If you're using Windows you might be able to filter out .sas files in the My Recent Documents Folder.

The path is
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Recent

Get a program to read all entries in this folder and then filter for .sas is a possibility I think. Not sure if it would actually work based on the fact that its shortcuts not the actual files. Or how it gets populated, ie open file from within SAS or from contents pane, or from double click in windows.

http://support.sas.com/kb/24/707.html

I gave it a quick test try and the pipe part of the code didn't work for me, but I always have trouble with that kind of stuff.
Ksharp
Super User
Why not use Windows self-own search functionality.
Start-> Search->File->File
There is option can select the modified date of file, And there are also some another option can use.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation