BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
goeluvika
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to read raw data using an infile statement in a data step. I am using Mac OS X .Where do i keep my files that is to be read.

Are they need to be saved in Myfolder folder everytime or can be stored in any other folder? If can be stored in any other folder how to import that data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Folders can be anywhere but you need to add them as a shared folder in VirtualBox and then reference as

/folders/myshortcuts/sharedfoldername

One way to find the path is add them to shared folder in VBox then navigate to folder under SERVERS FILES AND FOLDERS pane in SAS UE. If you right click folder and select properties you'll see the path.

You may need to restart your VM to see your shared folders after adding them to VBox.

There are some known problems with using folders on the desktop and/or directly under c:\ 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

Folders can be anywhere but you need to add them as a shared folder in VirtualBox and then reference as

/folders/myshortcuts/sharedfoldername

One way to find the path is add them to shared folder in VBox then navigate to folder under SERVERS FILES AND FOLDERS pane in SAS UE. If you right click folder and select properties you'll see the path.

You may need to restart your VM to see your shared folders after adding them to VBox.

There are some known problems with using folders on the desktop and/or directly under c:\ 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation