BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tcv
Calcite | Level 5 tcv
Calcite | Level 5

Our site just started using the web based product ServiceNow.  It stores it's data in databases for which I have an ODBC on my PC has anyone read this data using SAS

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

If it has an ODBC you can connection via a libname and then you should be good to go, similar to any other ODBC connection.

Does that method not work for you?

tcv
Calcite | Level 5 tcv
Calcite | Level 5

I tried the LIBNAME and PROC SQL connect they both time out with no data.

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [SN][ODBC ServiceNow driver][OpenAccess SDK

SQL Engine]Cannot connect to the instance. [dataSource=ServiceNow]

[user=odbc.user]java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out[1001]

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

ServiceNow is software-as-a-service, correct? It would surprise me they allowed access to a database directly, and if they did, access might be provisioned via a whitelisted IP address.  

However, they do have REST APIs, and that might be the more robust method for accessing this.  You can use PROC HTTP and the JSON libname engine to fetch and parse the information you need.  I have several examples of doing similar work with other web services.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation