BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VAMA
Calcite | Level 5
When I am reading sas log(using program below) file created by some sas program I am getting error message - "ERROR: File is in use," when executing program mentioned below using sas9.2, whereas if I execute below mentioned program using sas9.1.3 I am not getting any error. log file is created using sas9.2. in both cases sas program creating log file was executing..
Can somebody let me know what is happening.

data tmp;
do i=1 to 100;
x="log file path";
output;
end;
run;

data _null_;
set tmp;
infile tmplog filevar=x filename=check2 end=done2 length=_lenvar truncover;
input _logrec_ $varying300. _lenvar;
run;
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Lots of free and helpful Internet resources (hosted DOC, supplemental technical and conference topic-related papers) at the SAS support website http://support.sas.com/ -- consider using the Google search mentioned below.

Also, if necessary, suggest you most your SAS log output with the diagnostic messages (and code) leading up to the error, particular about the INFILE and that file which you must have allocated elsewhere?

Also, for future reference, helpful info about your SAS version, OS platform, whether the program has or has not worked previously (is it new function), whether SAS is installed locally on your machine or on a remote server.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Recommended Google advanced search argument, this topic / post:

+"file in use" site:sas.com
Bernie_iMS
Calcite | Level 5
I have the very same issues between 9.1.3 amd 9.2... Did you get any real helpfull replies yet?
Bernie_iMS
Calcite | Level 5
Problem solved by using Options FILELOCKS= ('/xxxxx/xxx' NONE);. Behaviour in 9.2 has changed as it also locks External files.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation