BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Maisha_Huq
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, Would anyone be able to provide feedback on why the first four data steps in the picture attached and the last data step do not yield the same number of observations? 

I'm not able to paste code using IE as a browser so please let me know if you're unable to open the attachment.

Thank you,

Capture.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

How could anyone possibly answer this question? We don't know what your data is.

--
Paige Miller
Maisha_Huq
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks, PaigeMiller. Even then it shouldn't technically have been possible to have diff obs given what I d written. Sorry, since the question was short though!
Astounding
PROC Star

Two of your subsets, based on q16b, overlap.  By using 4 separate DATA steps, you are including the same observations twice.  When you use just a single WHERE statement that includes all 4 conditions, an observation can be included no more than once.

Maisha_Huq
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks, Astounding!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation