BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Is it possible to query my local Active Directory with SAS returning data set?

In this case I have a set of 2700 network Id (NID), that might be former/current/locked down status, but I want to connect to my AD and return any information like user name, dept, status, last login date.

I guess what I am asking is can I create a libname command or something similar given I have access to AD?  TIA.  -KJ

PS I know there are some PowerShell tools out there but I am already preprocessing my data to get the NID, and some security rights fields for the first phase of this project I thought I would check to see if I could get it all done in SAS and not have to use other tools.

4 REPLIES 4
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Are you trying to access a network drive from SAS? You can map a network drive in SAS using SAS Management Console. This is an Admin task.

Thanks,
Suryakiran
kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

SuryaKiran,

No; I already do that in some cases. (meaning I do not use it offten but do use that feature with network file shares)

No I literally have a list of 2700 Network ids with access to a server I suport and I need to cross check if the users are still active AD users with rights or not.

So I have read my data with NID and group relationships parsed it as I need it, and I want to read from an Active Directory server like it was a libname sucking in all the info about the given 2700 users with a left join (the bonus info would to trap any nid not in the AD set and write indicator field).

My AD servers could have a over million of NID records so I really don't want a data dump of all of them if I do not have too...

but if i do, such is life. 😎  -Kj

kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Patrick,
That second doc seems perfect starting point. that is nice, thank you for your time. I do not think I have ever been directed to this dir as a shared local repository for sample code. -KJ

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation