BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
slolay
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All

Is there anyway I can get SAS to switch to/show the log window when I submit a program in interactive?

Is there a command I can place in the program which will display the log window?

Thanks
Steve

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

The command would be:

DM Log;

if place in a program.

Alternatively use a function key to submit your program. The default is F8 and should submit the current program and switch to to the log. One advantage with the function key is it will work even with just a section of highlighted code submitted.

Use F9 to bring up the KEYS window and examine key assignments. You want one that says: submit;log; in the definition.

Note the F6 probably goes to the log without a program.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Thanks, ballardw . F9 does bring up lots of goodies. F8 on my machine (9.3, win7) actually shrinks both editor window and log window, so both can be seen at the same time.

There is also a menu driven setting for switching to log:

when log window is active,  Tools->Options->Log->Display, and check "Pop to the front when new data is displayed".

Haikuo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation