BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
R_Win
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

Can we display/Process data which is in chinese to english if so please specify the correct encoding value.

I could be able to convert/display a dataset which is in english to Thai/Spain etc..
with encoding values in proc dataset with 9.2 unicode server but I could'nt do the above.
I have a dataset which is in chinese language and i need to display it in english and process it .
Thanks & Regards
Samuel...
5 REPLIES 5
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Have you reviewed the SAS National Language Support (NLS) documentation? The documentation is available on the SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
Hi.

Are you talking about transcoding or translating?

Cheers from Portugal.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt
R_Win
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
Thank you for your quick response
Let me just explain it in brief:
I have a Chinese dataset (data which is in chinese language) so I have imported as it is by using SAS 9.2 (Unicode Server). So, in order to process it I need to change or translate it into english.
Is this possible in SAS? As SAS has multilingual support .
I have gone through a pdf which says we can process multilingual data with SAS 9.2 Unicode Server.
Thanks & regards
Samuel
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
The SAS NLS documentation will help you here - it has UNICODE informats for data translation as well as the ENCODING related environment settings you will need to explore.

Start here:

SAS National Language Support (NLS)
http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/nls/index.html

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
Hello.

Still I'm not sure about what you mean by "translate it into english".

From my knowledge transcoding is possible (recoding a Chinese char to its English equivalent), translation is not (converting a Chinese word to another one with the same meaning in English).

Cheers from Portugal.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation