BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
waxenbaum
Calcite | Level 5

I don't use proc ttest often nor do I do basic ttests often so I just wanted to check if this code looks right. It runs the way I would expect. I am just comparing the ratio of means between 2 populations. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You can't do that without the N's at minimum. A mean of 200 with an N=2 is very different from a mean of 200 with a N=2000. 

@waxenbaum wrote:

I don't use proc ttest often nor do I do basic ttests often so I just wanted to check if this code looks right. It runs the way I would expect. I am just comparing the ratio of means between 2 populations. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Next time, include the code directly in your message (not as an attachment) by clicking on the running man icon and pasting your code into the box that opens.

TTEST does not compare ratios of means. It tests to see if the two means are equal (actually performing a subtraction of the two means, among other things)

I don't think your code is correct, it needs to have a CLASS statement to tell the PROC what data is in group 1 and what data is in group 2.

If I am understanding your code and data properly, you cannot perform t-tests on this data at all, as you have only one data point in each gropu for Nuchal and one data point in each group for Mastoid and so on. This is not a limitation of SAS; there is no way to perform any t-test (pencil and paper, or otherwise) when you have one data point in each group.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

You can't do that without the N's at minimum. A mean of 200 with an N=2 is very different from a mean of 200 with a N=2000. 

@waxenbaum wrote:

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation