BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have an issue re. proc import from SPSS. I have an actual data in SPSS. Appreciate all your help.

Phan S.

Phan S.proc import out=mosT4 datafile='C:\Users\Desktop\Test.sav' dbms=SAV replace; run; ERROR: Physical file does not exist, C:\Users\Phan S\Desktop\Test.sav. NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors. NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time): real time 0.00 seconds cpu time 0.03 seconds

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@PhanS wrote:

I have an issue re. proc import from SPSS. I have an actual data in SPSS. Appreciate all your help.

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, C:\Users\Phan S\Desktop\Test.sav.

This means that the file you are trying to import does not exist.

--
Paige Miller
PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you. The file exists!

I retested proc import - still does not work.

However, this link helped me https://kb.iu.edu/d/agau

I followed this  ---- Open your data in SPSS. To create a SAS file, click File, and then Save As.... 
Change "Save as type" to SAS v9+ Windows (*.sas7bdat), and then click Save.

SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

Why does your code show one path and the error shows different path. Make sure you give the correct physical path because the log clearly says that file doesn't exist.

Thanks,
Suryakiran
PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you. I deleted some of characters in the path - that is it is confused you.

I retested proc import - still does not work.

However, this link helped me https://kb.iu.edu/d/agau

I followed this  ---- Open your data in SPSS. To create a SAS file, click File, and then Save As....
Change "Save as type" to SAS v9+ Windows (*.sas7bdat), and then click Save.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation