BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bnarang
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Experts

If I have a SAS process which contains a proc import at certain point, I suspect that would not work in unix through putty, since it's running in non-interactive mode. One option is to to use -noterminal keyword while running it in unix.

Is there any global option which can be directly input in SAS script ( global options).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

proc import works fine in any SAS run mode as long as it can reference the location and file / database being imported. Have you tried it?

bnarang
Calcite | Level 5

hi , yes, I tried and gave errors. I can provide the log as well. The thing is proc import in my process worked fine when I used -noterminal command.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

A log would be helpful. Without it it's a hard to offer further advice.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation