DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Proc export to Excel

Contributor

Proc export to Excel

Dear All,

Can anyone provide basic code to transfer a SAS dataset in to an Excel spreadsheet?

Thank! Jill1

Trusted Advisor

Re: Proc export to Excel

Contributor

I guess I sorta say 'thanks for your help' . I guess I was more looking for the actual code, not a path leading to sas documentation. not ungrateful, just for sake of time.. I only had 1/2 hour to do this for very demanding boss and was looking for quick help.
but thanks anyway. Jill 1
Trusted Advisor

[ Edited ]

jill1 wrote:
I guess I sorta say 'thanks for your help' . I guess I was more looking for the actual code, not a path leading to sas documentation. not ungrateful, just for sake of time.. I only had 1/2 hour to do this for very demanding boss and was looking for quick help.

And if you had clicked on the link and scroll up or down (not an unreasonable expectation), you'd see example code right there on your screen.

Super User

jill1 wrote:

@jill1 I guess sorta your welcome. Those aren't documentation they're blog posts designed to exactly answer your question. Should we type out the exact same thing every time someone asks a basic question that google can answer? Directing you to high quality answers also takes time - in fact more than it would have taken to type out the answer. You'll note there's not one way - and given what you'd stated we don't know anything about your set up and which may have been the best solution. 

Super User

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually use this, although there are lots of ways to do this, each with its own pros and cons, some of the links provided by @Reeza and @PaigeMiller should help with understanding them.

PROC EXPORT DATA=lib_Out.DataPull
        outfile = "/home/username/output_file.xlsx"
        dbms    = xlsx;
        sheet   = "DataPull";
 RUN;

Contributor

Thank you. I appreciate you sending the actual code my way! makes it alot easier/quicker than following the links people send. plus, I had 15 minutes to do it so this was VERY HELPFUL.

thanks! Jill1

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation