Proc Tab percentage totals repeating

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Proc Tab percentage totals repeating

Proc tabulate data=exc_cnt_1 order= data format=10. S=[cellwidth=100];

Class prog_ctgy CODEDESC;

Var GROSS_LN_AMT ln_cnt;

Table CODEDESC=' ' all={label='Total' S=[background = lightblue cellwidth=100]} *[STYLE=[Font_Weight=BOLD]],

prog_ctgy*(ln_cnt=''*sum='Exceptions Units'  ln_cnt=''*colpctn='% in Units'

GROSS_LN_AMT=''*sum='Exceptions$'  GROSS_LN_AMT=''*colpctn='% in Dollars' )     

all={label='Grand Total' S=[background = lightblue]} *[STYLE=[Font_Weight=BOLD]] *ln_cnt =' '*sum=' ' / box='Exception Codes';

TITLE 'Summary';

run;

The code produced the attached proc tab results. My question is why does the percent column for GROSS_LN_AMT=''*colpctn='% in Dollars'  match ln_cnt=''*colpctn='% in Units' exactly.  It should be a measure of the totals

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-27-2016 01:27 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Proc Tab percentage totals repeating

HI,
There is a difference between PCTN and PCTSUM and also between COLPCTN and COLPCTSUM. If you want the denominator for GROSS_LN_AMT to be based on the SUM, then this
GROSS_LN_AMT=''*colpctn='% in Dollars'
probably needs to change to
GROSS_LN_AMT=''*colpctsum='% in Dollars'

But, since you did not post data, no one can run your code -- but that is my guess.

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-27-2016 01:27 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Proc Tab percentage totals repeating

HI,
There is a difference between PCTN and PCTSUM and also between COLPCTN and COLPCTSUM. If you want the denominator for GROSS_LN_AMT to be based on the SUM, then this
GROSS_LN_AMT=''*colpctn='% in Dollars'
probably needs to change to
GROSS_LN_AMT=''*colpctsum='% in Dollars'

But, since you did not post data, no one can run your code -- but that is my guess.

cynthia
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation