DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Problem with SAS Integration Technologies 9.2

Occasional Contributor

Problem with SAS Integration Technologies 9.2

Hi

After installing SAS Integration Technlogies 9.23 and launching ITConfig2.exe and entering the SAS Metadata Server details. I am getting following error:

"The object invoked has disconnected from its clients."

I suspect some problem with DCOM setting. Also, SAS is not installed locally and I am trying to connect to a remote SAS server.

Details on error is as follows:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80042002):

The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

0x80010108

Does anyobdy has any clues, why is this happening.? Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I am able to connect to Workspace server but problem comes while connecting to SAS Metadata server.

Thanks
Vinay
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Problem with SAS Integration Technologies 9.2

Your best option is to contact SAS tech support and open a track (support issue/contact -- from the SAS.COM support website) to report your problem symptom condition for assistance and guidance.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
SAS Employee

Hi Vinay,
You may get great suggestions from the group here; however, you may also want to submit your question to SAS Technical Support. There is a form here that you can use: http://support.sas.com/openTrack

Good luck.
Occasional Contributor

Hi All

Had raised it with SAS but could get this resolved. Lately I noticed that ITCONFIG2.EXE does connects successfully to SAS 9.2/9.3 Metadata Server while gives issues with SAS 9.1.3 server.

i could not exactly pin point the issues but I suspect with SAS 9.2/9.3 , SAS has changed the SAS Metadata Server COM Class identifier as such ITCONFIG2.exe fails to connect to SAS 9.1.3 SAS Metadata server.

I confirmed this by trying to connect to SAS 9.1.3 server using SAS EG 5.1 and it does fail to connect to SAS 9.1.3.

Thanks

Vinay

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation