BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aditi24
Obsidian | Level 7

When I create and submit batch on remote server in succession, it gets submitted and the log is generated error free. But when I submit the same batch again after few minutes, it is giving me the below error in log file:-

ERROR: File is in use /backup/adhoc/batchtest007.sas.
ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.

Also, when I checked on the server, there is a process "sasels" active(please see attachment) which needs to be killed to submit the batch successfully. Please suggest me a method to remediate this.

Untitled.png
3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Have you run this past your IT group responsible for the network and SAS install?  It could be any number of things, so I would suggest you discuss it with them, and if you still can't figure it out, then an SAS IT support ticket may be in order.

It may be you just don't have permission to delete that file via your SAS.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

When you are discussing this, you need consider ELSSRV:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostunx/67929/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0h9c98pye6fpdn11x...

Please clarify how you are executing the batch. The sasels dependency indicates a WorkSpace or a Stored Process server scenario.

Data never sleeps
Aditi24
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @LinusH: First I am establishing a connection to the SAS server on the remote UNIX server then I am creating the batch i.e batch.sas , by including some files like so:-

%include "/pgmsetup/startup.sas";
%include "/backup/adhoc/AKReq34.sas";

Then I am submitting the batch by using statements like so:-

"nohup sas93 -noterminal /backup/adhoc/batch.sas -altlog /backup/adhoc/batch.log -print 
/backup/adhoc/batch.lst 2>/dev/null &";

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation