BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aditi24
Obsidian | Level 7

I am creating and running batch by submitting to the Unix server. When I do them in succession, everything works fine and no error gets recorded in the log but if I try to remote submit the same batch after some time, I get the below error in the log:-

ERROR: File is in use, /backup/adhoc/batchtest007.sas.
ERROR: File is in use, /backup/adhoc/batchtest007.sas.
ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.

Although, the files aren't open anywhere. By checking on UNIX server, I found that a "sasels" process is active(please see attached) which is causing this problem. If I kill the process, the batch gets submitted and the log is generated error free.Please suggest a method to remediate this.

Untitled.png
1 REPLY 1
CarolB
Fluorite | Level 6

Some of our jobs hang like that.  We were able to fix it by putting -noterminal after the submission statement. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation