BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanielC
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, I want to conditional access security to the rows of a table. For this I wrote the following commands:

METADATA_GETNOBJ numObj = ("omsobj: DataTable? @ Name contains 'T1100SUM'", 1, uri);
sql = "COMPANY = '001001 '";
rc = METASEC_SETAUTH (tc, uri, "Person", "Name User", "Grant", "Read", sql);
But by using the table to create a map of information I could still see all the data from the table. Why? Is not it possible to filter the physical tables by their rows? Should we follow aplicacr the other object types (columns)?

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't think that in the current release have support for row level security on the table level.

Row level security is available and described by using Information Maps together with a Pooled Workspace Server.

If you need this functionality on the table level, you might need to look for some solution when by using an external database (various RDBMS and SPD Server have support for this).

/Linus

Data never sleeps
DanielC
Calcite | Level 5

I do not need to be at the table, looking for the lowest possible level using SAS tables. I searched in the metadata object types of information maps but have not found anything. How to filter information on a map?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Just search support.saw.com using keywords

row level security information maps

Then you'll find bunch of documentation and papers on the subject. Good luck!

Linus

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation