Hi All,
I want to know performance tuning techniques in SAS and
How we use this techniques in SAS.
Kindly explain with examples.
Thank in advance
7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The first step is determining where your codes perform less than optimal. The insights gained this way will guide you.

So start out by thoroughly inspecting your logs, using the fullstimer option.

Try different methods to solve a specific problem, and compare their performance.

PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

This is a very broad question. Post an example of the code you are using and explain what parts of it you want to optimize.

Ksharp
Super User

You are talking about Decision Tree ? Post it at Enterprise Miner forum.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Just out of curiosity @Ksharp, how did you figure Decision Tree from that post?

@bollurajkumar: there are literally tons of papers and a subject in many of SAS User Guide documentations. Do some research, and then return with more specific inquiries.
Data never sleeps
bollurajkumar
Fluorite | Level 6
I have a SAS di job.if I run that job it takes around 5 hours to complete run process . Now I want to reduce running process time.which steps can I perform to optimize my SAS di job
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Look at the log, identify long-running steps, try alternate methods, try setting options. What you need to do is determined by so many factors that no real answer can be given with the little information available.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
DI Studio specifics: temporarily change from views to tables as output in transformations, otherwise it's hard to understand what step(s) causes the high resource consumption.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation