BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
csc
Calcite | Level 5 csc
Calcite | Level 5
When using the editor in PC SAS 8, double clicking a word will select the whole word unless the word has an underscore. Double clicking a word with an underscore only selects text before or after the underscore. Is there a way to select the entire word if the word contains an underscore?
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I would say that behavior is working-as-designed (that would be likely "no"). SAS 9 editor has the same behavior. As an alternative, click the cursor at the end of the string, press SHIFT, and click the start character to be selected.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
statadm
Fluorite | Level 6
I would check in the tools -> options to see if there is something to set it up there.

I use underscore to name most of my variables and I don't have any problems double clicking and selecting the whole name, but I am using SAS 9.1 and 9.2.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation