BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rakshit_shah
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

I have made one link format and applied it to one variable. Now i want to pass this variable in macro.

The value of variable is as follows:

The value of Path_name is :

<a href='javascript:goToObject("Director?_directive=GRC_FinancialImpact&handle=10314|")'> 10314</a>

I want to pass it in macro variable. I tried %str and %nrstr but still it is giving error. Any solution??

Regards,

Rakshit

2 REPLIES 2
DanRalyea
Calcite | Level 5

I believe %SUPERQ will mask the & and " allowing you to pass the string through without attempting to resolve the & reference. To use %Superquote the path will be stored in a macro variable then referenced.

data _null_;

call symput('mv1','Smith&Jones');

call symput('mv2','%macro abc;');

run; %let testmv1=%superq(mv1);

%let testmv2=%superq(mv2);

%put Macro variable TESTMV1 is &testmv1;

%put Macro variable TESTMV2 is &testmv2;

When this program executes, these lines are written to the SAS log:

Macro variable TESTMV1 is Smith&Jones

Macro variable TESTMV2 is %macro abc;

Ksharp
Super User

In your path_name, there are several unmatched single or double quote , you should put % before it to avoid error message.

%let path=%nrstr(<a href=%'javascript:goToObject(%"Director?_directive=GRC_FinancialImpact&handle=10314|%")%'> 10314</a>) ;

%put &path;

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation