BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi
i need to extract huge data from various SQL databases.
As we write our sas extraction code sequentially the data gets extracted by that sequence into respective datasets.
so to speed up the extraction can we extract data parallely. How can it be done?
is there some thing like threading here?

Regards
Avi
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
will your dbms operate multiple queries in parallel? if so,your simple answer is to run multiple SAS jobs at the same time.
alternatively, look to see what options are available to your SAS/ACCESS module. it may be able to use your dbms's bulk loader/unloader.
Since you don't indicate your dbms, we can only recommend you do more research on those dbms specific areas.

good luck

PeterC
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
All good advice from Peter.
Look at MP Connect to run multiple processes in parallel from within a sas session.
deleted_user
Not applicable
i don't know that whether SQL server support multiple queries. Here in my case even servers are different for few queries. so even if server does not support multiple queries still queries can run parallely on diff servers.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation