DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

PROC HTTP

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

PROC HTTP

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm trying to run the below SAS code in SAS EG.

Filename Resp temp;

Proc HTTP
 url="http://**************"
 method="GET"
 out=resp;
run;

libname Test JSON fileref=Resp;

It is working if we use username and Password in the EG connection profile but If we use IWA in EG connection profile noticed below errors.

ERROR: Invalid JSON in input near line 1 column 1: Encountered an illegal character.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Do I need to make any changes to use IWA?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-06-2018 12:57 PM
Community Manager

Re: PROC HTTP

Beginning with SAS 9.4 Maint 3, PROC HTTP allows you to specify several authentication options: NTLM, Negotiate, WebAuthdomain (SAS metadata).  See the options in the PROC HTTP doc.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

If you're using IWA to connect EG to SAS, you need the SAS server machine to be Trusted for Delegation to pass your identity onto the next network location (SharePoint, in this case).

An admin needs to set this up for you.  See the doc in the SAS admin guide. Here's another topic about using Kerberos.

Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisHemedinger

@ChrisHemedinger, SAS server machine is trusted for delegation. We are using IWA  it's working but when I try to connect to the WEB API its not working.

Solution
‎03-06-2018 12:57 PM
Community Manager

Beginning with SAS 9.4 Maint 3, PROC HTTP allows you to specify several authentication options: NTLM, Negotiate, WebAuthdomain (SAS metadata).  See the options in the PROC HTTP doc.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation