BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have a data set that is named dynamically but simply data_&now (where &now refers to today's date 10FEB2009). I need to export the data to an Excel file with the same name. I'm pretty new to SAS and have only seen thus far where a hard coded name to a particular location can be used like OUTFILE = C:\AW\newdata.xls'.

Is there a way that I can export to an Excel spreadsheet and keep the naming convention of the data set without having to change the file name manually in the OUTFILE parameter?

So I would want the Excel name to be data_10FEB2009 today and data_11FEB2009 tomorrow and so on, without having to manually change anything.

Thanx.
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
Never mind all. This thread took care of my question:

http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9695◟

Thanx.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation