BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mjtznz
Calcite | Level 5

I need to be able to access a JSON data feed over the internet from within a corporate network. If I use filename url with the proxy options then I am able to connect to external websites through our corporate proxy, however I cannot find any documentation online that shows PROC DS2 HTTP has any such proxy server/port options, meaning it is unable to access anything via a proxy.

Am I missing something in the document, is there a workaround available or are there any undocumented options for specifying a proxy?

@SASJedi - @ChrisHemedinger mentioned I should tag you in this post.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Actually, I think I can answer this.  I'm pretty sure the answer is No, unfortunately.  

PROC HTTP and FILENAME URL have syntax to accept proxy options, but the http() package in DS2 does not.  By rights, it probably should, but it doesn't right now.

So the question becomes: can you use PROC HTTP to create a data stream that can then be fed into DS2 (probably as a data set, since DS2 can't read from external files directly).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation