BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASAna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi SAS Team,

I am getting  "WARNING: No output destinations active" for PROC DATASET DELETE.

I tried nowarn   &    nolist   options but still getting the error. 

proc datasets nowarn; 
delete output_process;
run;

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ana

5 REPLIES 5
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Not sure how to prevent the warning in general.  But if you are just deleting dataset then use PROC DELETE.  They tried to hide it for awhile but it is back now with added functionality.

proc delete data=output_process;
run;

ballardw
Super User

You likely ran some code with either:

ODS _all_ close;

or

ODS HTML Close; with no other ODS destinations active.

Try

ODS HTML;

add a PATH="operating system path" to control where your html output goes.

Astounding
PROC Star

PROC DATASETS will require that you supply the location of the data set.  This could be done in your program by adding to the PROC statement:

library=work

If you were to switch methods, as Tom suggested, you would then be supplying a data set name using DATA=.  In that case, single level data set names are assumed to be in the work folder.

SASAna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

One thing i want to mention is -  Output_process  dataset is being used in different SAS program's macro  & referenced it as Global variable , as this program goes in loop. I am clearing out the older data by proc dataset delete .

Toms suggestion of PROC DELETE did not work for me.

Thanks,

Ana

Astounding
PROC Star

%GLOBAL operates within the context of a single program.  There is no way to make a macro variable available across programs. 

That being said, there is a process that applies to interacting platforms, %SYSLPUT but it is not applicable to the majority of cases where multiple programs run.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation