BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DPraba79
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I have a stiuation like , I have a history sas data set. For this week run, i will get 7 days transaction. All i need to append this 7 days transaction dataset to history sas dataset. So the history data set will be grow week by week. i have used the following code.

.284 LIBNAME HTRAIL "PROD.ZCAW898F.HIS.TRAIL";
.NOTE: Libref HTRAIL was successfully assigned as follows:
. Engine: BASE
. Physical Name: PROD.ZCAW898F.HIS.TRAIL
ERROR: Library data set PROD.ZCAW898F.HIS.TRAIL cannot be opened because it is resides on multiple volumes.
ERROR: Library data set PROD.ZCAW898F.HIS.TRAIL cannot be opened because it is resides on multiple volumes.

Could you please help me how to over come this error?

Thanks in Advance,
Prabakaran
1 REPLY 1
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
What SAS version and maintenance (service pack) level are you running? Also, it appears that you may be attempting to append to an MVS (IBM mainframe) SAS data library that resides on multiple DASD volumes. Please confirm this observation? Also, how was this SAS data library (member) created? And reveal all SAS code you are executing to update/append to the file for clarification.

Also, you should run a PROC CONTENTS DATA=._ALL_; RUN;
against your SAS data library to confirm that it is usable.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation