BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GAUTAMDVN
Calcite | Level 5

CAN ANYONE WILL CONFIRM ME WHAT IS +N POINTER CONTROL AND HOW WE USE THIS TO IMPORT THE DATA WHILE USING THE INPUT METHOD

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User
  • Don't shout at us
  • Read the documentation of the input statement

@GAUTAMDVN wrote:

CAN ANYONE WILL CONFIRM ME WHAT IS +N POINTER CONTROL AND HOW WE USE THIS TO IMPORT THE DATA WHILE USING THE INPUT METHOD

GAUTAMDVN
Calcite | Level 5

Apologies if you got offended but I didn't mean to insult or to offend someone. I was just asking regarding the pointer control in a healthy way.

ballardw
Super User

Do you know which columns specific variables are to start in? Or how many spaces between variables?

If you can show an example of your data to read you might get some more specific help. Paste the example data as text into a code box opened using the forum {I} icon. The main message windows will often reformat text replacing multiple spaces with single space and replacing tab characters with spaces. The result would mean that the example data might not actually resemble your data.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation