BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nits15
Calcite | Level 5
I have a intranet link where I login to view my reports. The code wriiten picks up data from csv files and the output my reports in normal text. I want a piece of code that will pick data from the csv files and gives the output in excel format.
2 REPLIES 2
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
why not just use excel?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I have annotated your question with my questions about your question. You asked:
"I have a intranet {Company intranet? SharePoint location? SAS Intr/Net? Information Delivery Portal} link where I login to view my reports{What kind of reports? Static HTML files? Reports that are prepared every night and are ready for you every morning? Reports that are produced on demand?}. The code [What kind of code? SAS code (implying SAS/IntrNet is involved)? HTML with JavaScript? PHP? JSP? C++?? .NET??}wriiten picks up data from csv files and the output my reports{What does the output? Is there any transformation from the DATA in CSV form to the REPORT??} in normal text{I don't know what you mean by "normal" text?? An ASCII text file?? A CSV file is an ASCII text file?? A Word document? An HTML page??}. I want a piece of code {Presumably SAS code??} that will pick data from the csv files and gives the output in excel format. {As Peter suggests -- this is what Excel knows how to do very well -- it will take a CSV file as input and display that CSV file in a spreadsheet/workbook form.}"

As you can see, I have question about almost everything. I'm not even sure this is a SAS question except that you have posted it on the SAS forum. Perhaps you could post some of the code that picks up the csv files and outputs the report in normal text. That would at least give us some idea of the current syntax in the program that you are looking to change.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation