BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BenNafziger
Calcite | Level 5

I've been connecting to and using data from an Oracle database using a libname statement.

LIBNAME DB_CON
           ORACLE PATH="&DB_CONNECTION"
           SCHEMA='MY_SCHEMA' 
           USER=MY_USER
           PASS="&dbpass";

I've recently started having problems updating rows. I found what I think is the fix here: http://support.sas.com/kb/37/470.html.

It suggests that I need to apply the libname option update_lock_type=row.

I've done this but am seeing something that I don't understand in the SAS log. Next to the new option there is an X. What does this X signify? I do not remember seeing an X in any SAS log before now except when using the X command line statement. 

127        LIBNAME DB_CON
128                   ORACLE PATH="&DB_CONNECTION"
NOTE: The quoted string currently being processed has become more than 262 bytes long.  You might have unbalanced quotation marks.
129                   SCHEMA='MY_SCHEMA'
130                   USER=MY_USER
131                   PASS="&dbpass"
132        X	   update_lock_type=row;
NOTE: Libref DB_CON was successfully assigned as follows: 
      Engine:        ORACLE 
      Physical Name: (DESCRIPTION_LIST=     (LOAD_BALANCE=off)     (FAILOVER=on)     (DESCRIPTION=         (CONNECT_TIMEOUT=5)      
         (TRANSPORT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT=3)         (RETRY_COUNT=3)         (ADDRESS_LIST=             (LOAD_BALANCE=ON)             
      (ADDRESS=              (PROTOCOL=TCP)              (HOST= my_host)              (PORT=1521)              
      )          )   

1 REPLY 1
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

it looks like no one knows, by people would probably be interested in the answer. Did you contact tech support?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation