BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yangx
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear Support,

We've just upgraded from SAS94M2 to SAS94M5. All of our existing programs with the "ODS html" and "ODS tagsets.ExcelXP" statements that worked in SAS94M2, cannot run in the Program Editor. The error messages like "Physical file does not exist,Physical file does not exist,   /var/tmp/SAS_workCBC30001463E_ristatp6.dbri.local//studies/TIPS3/reports/output/compliance/2018Apr/Compliance_bycentre_2018Apr12       .xls.ERROR: No body file. HTML output will not be created.  ". While "var/tmp/SAS_workCBC30001463E_ristatp6.dbri.local" is not in the program. SAS added this to the path. 

The ods tagsets.ExcelXP got the warning message "'putvars' was compiled using a different version of SAS. This might result in unexpected behavior", as a result,  the output file is not created. 

Could you please explain what the reason for the problem and how to solve this? Thanks.

Kind regards,

xiumei

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

One possibility is that somehow the default directory changed when you changed from SAS9.4M2 to SAS9.4M5, and this explains the errors you are getting.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

This message

'putvars' was compiled using a different version of SAS. This might result in unexpected behavior",

likely means you are using a macro compiled, get this, in an early version of SAS. If the macro was compiled in SAS 9.4M2 you might get this message but I would not expect an error. Just in case, find the macro code and recompile the macro to replace the stored macro. You didn't get output because of the "Physical file does not exist" error most likely, not the macro unless the macro is creating the incorrect path.

The bit about "var/tmp/SAS_workCBC30001463E_ristatp6.dbri.local" is most likely the file name you want is getting appended to the path to your work folder. I've had this happen in very irregular intervals. On thing that seems to help [sometimes] is to not have any spaces in the file name. Since your file name appears to be: /studies/TIPS3/reports/output/compliance/2018Apr/Compliance_bycentre_2018Apr12       .xls

the 7 blanks after the date might be part of the issue. Also it seems to help if paths always start at your mount point (full path as I think of it as otherwise a relative path may have an issue like this).

yangx
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I probably didn't describe clearly. 

The warning messages from "ods tagsets.ExcelXP" contain the variable lists that are not in the program, the other variables are "'title_footer_over_rides', 'system_footer_setup', etc. 

The error message from "ods html" is "Physical file doesn't exist". The program worked perfectly in SAS9.4M2. My file name doesn't contain a space. 

thanks

ballardw
Super User

@yangx wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I probably didn't describe clearly. 

The warning messages from "ods tagsets.ExcelXP" contain the variable lists that are not in the program, the other variables are "'title_footer_over_rides', 'system_footer_setup', etc. 

The error message from "ods html" is "Physical file doesn't exist". The program worked perfectly in SAS9.4M2. My file name doesn't contain a space. 

thanks

If those variable names are coming from the macro then either your macro has a problem referencing variables or you are running it on an incorrect data set that does not have the variables the macro was written to use. No way for us to know what variables your data has or which parts are generated by the macro. or what directories you have. If the macro generates variable lists that are not in the data then this is some form of garbage in garbage out.

The code for the macro, descriptions of the data set(s) involved as data steps to provide all the actual variable names and types and some actual log results might help if you want better targeted responses.

Are you familiar with options Mprint symbolgen mlogic; to debug macro issues and get more meaningful output when errors are related to macro usage.

Set those options, rerun the code and closely examine the log.

If you changed enough things then you may need to completely rewrite the macro or change the parameters passed to the macros.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation