BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi all,

There is any simple way to use a Microsoft Powerpoint default theme in ODS POWERPOINT? For example, in Microsoft Powerpoint 2013 there is a theme template called "Facet". I'd like to generate a report in SAS EG using this theme.

I'd tried the following code, but off course is not working as expected:

ods powerpoint file="Test.pptx" style=facet;

proc freq data=sashelp.class;

tables sex;

run;

ods powerpoint close;

Because theme "facet" is not located, when open the file generated the theme used is ODS Light. Please, see the example file attached.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

STYLE in a SAS ODS destination statement will refer to a SAS ods style.

You could create a SAS style using the current PowerPointLight as a parent and set some of the elements that SAS creates, fonts, fontweights, graphic options and such. However I doubt it that the ODS PowerpointLight style has all of the options that are in a PowerPoint theme.

Which specific features do you want? Note: "Everything" is likely not to fly.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @ballardw,

I'm looking for exactly the same template, font size and colours, background imagens, etc.

I know that is possible to define/create the style inside SAS but I was looking any option to use an existing theme (from MS Powerpoint for exemple) without recreate it on SAS.

Regards,

Reeza
Super User

If you can save a PPT file with the theme you want, but as a webpage you should get an htm file. If you look at the file the top portion should have the CSS components. I *think* SAS Style Designer can use that portion to create a style within SAS, but not sure if the names are the same, I suspect they're not. 

I don't have the time (or access to SAS Style designer at the moment) to test this approach, but it shouldn't take too long to test it yourself. Worst case scenario, you can use the Style Designer to modify the styles you need via point and click if you want to avoid coding it out. 

If there's no option, you should add this to the Idea's section so that SAS can consider it for future releases. 

Hi all,

There is any simple way to use a Microsoft Powerpoint default theme in ODS POWERPOINT? For example, in Microsoft Powerpoint 2013 there is a theme template called "Facet". I'd like to generate a report in SAS EG using this theme.

I'd tried the following code, but off course is not working as expected:

ods powerpoint file="Test.pptx" style=facet;

proc freq data=sashelp.class;

tables sex;

run;

ods powerpoint close;

Because theme "facet" is not located, when open the file generated the theme used is ODS Light. Please, see the example file attached.

Thanks,

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
There are 2 built-in styles for ODS to use with PowerPoint: PowerPointLight and PowerPointDark.

There is a long discussion of styles in this paper: https://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/technical-papers/SAS3801-2016.pdf but nothing specific to using a PowerPoint-specific theme for SAS ODS output. But there are a lot of good suggestions for how to customize your style template to be usable by ODS PowerPoint.

cynthia
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @Reeza, I'll try and let you know.

Regards,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation