BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
seltonsy
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

I'm trying to edit graphs and I knew ODS Graphics Editor could be very helpful for what I need. I'm working with SAS 9.3 and windows XP. I installed SAS Graph ODS  Graphics Editor 9.2, but I can not manage to open it or open any of the sge. files I created. I wonder this could be the wrong version that I installed. 

Can you help me locate the right version or if it is another issue I'm missing.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
seltonsy
Quartz | Level 8

Please try uninstalling the ODS Graphics Editor 9.2 version that you installed, and please install the ODS Graphics Editor for SAS 9.3 M2 from the following page:

https://support.sas.com/downloads/browse.htm?fil=1&cat=12

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

ODS Graphics, including the ODS Graphics Editor, was moved from SAS/GRAPH to Base SAS beginning in SAS 9.3, so the most current download location for the ODS Graphics Editor is on the Base SAS downloads page.

Regards,

Sue Morrison

SAS Technical Support

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Errm, Windows XP, you did see the global computer issues with the recent ransomware?  Its really a good idea to move to at least a still supported OS, Win7/8 or preferably 10.  Its quite possible that software will not run on such an old OS, or at least be missing certain dependancies. 

You say you have SAS 9.3 installed on that machine?  If so go up to Solutions->Reporting->GraphNGo to get a graph editor.

For better information, what happens when you try to open it, what warnings/errors etc.

seltonsy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi RW9,

thanks for your reply,

I understand the risk of using this old version, and that is what we have been calling to change at the institute I'm working in, but they need time and money to update all computers at the same time, frustrating.

I'll try to check the : Solutions->Reporting->GraphNGo as you said.

The warning I get is that the computer doesn't have a program to open the file type .sge

Thanks

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Right, what that is telling you is that there is no program associated with the file extension.  When you have a file there is a ".sge" or other extension to the file.  This extension tells windows via its associations what to open it with.  If you right click on an .sge file, select (and I can't remember XP specific text as its been years) Open With.  Then find the Graph program in a list of applications (might need to click more, or an arrow or something to get full list), then select the check box for always open this filetype with this application, then ok, then you should be able to double click on the file to open it.

seltonsy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi RW9,

It's as you said, open with, but I tried it and I couldn't find the Graph program in the list of applications or extended view. Even in programs SAS home , I can't allocate a graph program that could open this file.

Reeza
Super User

You should likely have the SG Editor that matches your version, 9.3. It's also included with your SAS installation, it's an option to click in when installing. Is that the version you installed or did you get it from somewhere else?

seltonsy
Quartz | Level 8

It was probably not installed automatically with SAS, I downloaded it from https://support.sas.com/downloads/browse.htm?fil=&cat=82

Reeza
Super User

To get the right version, go back to your SAS installation and do it from there. 

seltonsy
Quartz | Level 8

Please try uninstalling the ODS Graphics Editor 9.2 version that you installed, and please install the ODS Graphics Editor for SAS 9.3 M2 from the following page:

https://support.sas.com/downloads/browse.htm?fil=1&cat=12

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

ODS Graphics, including the ODS Graphics Editor, was moved from SAS/GRAPH to Base SAS beginning in SAS 9.3, so the most current download location for the ODS Graphics Editor is on the Base SAS downloads page.

Regards,

Sue Morrison

SAS Technical Support

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation