BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
abhik_giri
Calcite | Level 5

I have an Oracle DB with some views and tables. I need to get the code for generating table T1. T1 is there in "all_tables" and "all_objects", but not in "all_views".

How do I get the code for T1? I need to see how different tables have been merged, combined etc. to get T1.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
How does SAS comes into the picture?
I'm not an Oracle expert but I don't think that you could get the code by just looking at the table. Views are totally different since they consists of a query itself.
Data never sleeps
abhik_giri
Calcite | Level 5

The input data is in Oracle, however all further processing is done in SAS. I'm trying to take a look at the Oracle query (for table T1) from SAS.

Unfortunately, I'm not an Oracle expert too 😞

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
So this is basically aneed Oracle question and best asked at an Oracle forum, perhaps with little chance for success.
But in well organised ships the DBA keeps all create table SQL in a version control system or similar, so talk to the DBA.
Just out of curiosity - why do you want to see the SQL that created the table? Usually this says very little about subsequent updates, inserts etc.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation