DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Multiplying single observations from one dataset to many in another dataset

Frequent Learner

Multiplying single observations from one dataset to many in another dataset

Hello Everyone!

I am trying to create a wealth index using the eigenvectors obtained from a principal component analysis and multiple other variables. My data looks like this 

Dataset 1:                       Dataset 2:

Prin1                                   ID         V1     V2    V3     V4     V5     V6   V7 ....(other variables that are not related but I need to keep)

.23                                       1

.43                                       2

.62                                       3

.12                                       4

.09                                       5

.67                                       6

.82                                       7

I would like to calculate      INDEX=0.23(V1)+.43(V2)+.62(V3)+.12(V4)+.09(V5)+67(V6)+.82(V7)

So I would like to multiply the first observation of dataset 1 by the entire column V1 of dataset 2 and repeat this for all the observations in dataset 1.

Super User

Re: Multiplying single observations from one dataset to many in another dataset

This is known as scoring a data set. Look at PROC SCORE and I believe the example section has one specifically on using Factors /principal components/eigenvectors. 

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_score_examples01.htm&docsetVersion...

smcelroy wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I am trying to create a wealth index using the eigenvectors obtained from a principal component analysis and multiple other variables. My data looks like this 

Dataset 1:                       Dataset 2:

Prin1                                   ID         V1     V2    V3     V4     V5     V6   V7 ....(other variables that are not related but I need to keep)

.23                                       1

.43                                       2

.62                                       3

.12                                       4

.09                                       5

.67                                       6

.82                                       7

I would like to calculate      INDEX=0.23(V1)+.43(V2)+.62(V3)+.12(V4)+.09(V5)+67(V6)+.82(V7)

So I would like to multiply the first observation of dataset 1 by the entire column V1 of dataset 2 and repeat this for all the observations in dataset 1.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation