BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
crisco
Calcite | Level 5

In the future we will be moving from PC based SAS 9.4 to a server environment.

How portable are SAS programs between these two different platforms? My thought and

hope is that I should be able move and run these programs with minimal changes to LIBNAME and

FILENAME statements after creating SAS transport files on my PC  and moving the datasets to the server.

Thanks,

Chris

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

That's generally the case. The issues become access, ie if running on server model only the server won't see your desktop at all. This means you need to understand how to move files from the server to your computer and vice versa. Additionally, if you use DDE or X commands some of that may be unavailable. 

Having access to to a server can seriously speed things up though. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation