BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rf_mikael
Fluorite | Level 6

Team,

I feel a little stuck with running jobs from a batch file. 

Need some help with basic DOS stuff. 

I've been looking here:

"Starting SAS"

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostwin/67962/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p16esisc4nrd5sn1ps...

My question is: how to combine the examples 5 and 6 in a single batch file?

Run Job1 and wait for it to finish

Run Job2 and Job3 simultaneously (to save time) and wait for both to finish

Run Job4 to combine the results from Job2 and Job3

I've been tinkering with it but could not make the jobs 2 and 3 run in parallel and make 4 wait for both of them to complete before executing. 

For now I'm looking for a simple solution, without Powershell. 

Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
rf_mikael
Fluorite | Level 6

Because this is the first time I hear about MP Connect and also we do not have SAS/Connect in our purchase order. What we have is SAS EG, SAS BI server and the SAS/Access modules. 

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

SAS BI Server includes SAS/Connect

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/biserver/

1 minute on google would have told you the same thing.

rf_mikael
Fluorite | Level 6

OK, thanks, I'll look into this. 

rf_mikael
Fluorite | Level 6

MP Connect looks promising. I checked and SAS/Connect is not part of our order. Also it is not under the BI Server deployment plan. It shows up in the Appdev plan though. So, not gonna happen for us. 

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You mention DOS.  If you are batching this on a single pc, you are unlikely to gain much by running Jobs 2 and 3 concurrently.  Many SAS jobs use a lot more I/O than CPU and there is only one I/O path on most PCs.  Even with multiple servers, you may not see much gain unless the data are spread across multiple drives and you are running multi-gigabit pipes between the data and the servers.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation