BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
CASLU
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, 

Yesterday I created two new libraries with the below code, after first creating these folders on my C-drive:

libname MMMdata 'C:\MMMdata';

and

libname Amadata 'C:Amadata';

They were there yesterday after I created them; however, today when I turned on my computer and opened SAS, they do not appear in my library window. They do, however, show up from my windows file explorer. How can I get these libraries to show up again within SAS?

Thank you in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

If your using SAS EG then go to Tools>Options>SAS Programs. Check mark "Submit SAS Code when server is connected" and go to edit and past your LIBNAME code there and save. This code runs when ever you open SAS EG.

Thanks,
Suryakiran

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

You have to assign the libraries again if you closed SAS in the meantime.

Reeza
Super User

Rather than the libname use the GUI to create the libraries. When you do, there's a checkbox to click to allow it to persist across sessions. As far as I know, there isn't a way to set that up via code. 

SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

If your using SAS EG then go to Tools>Options>SAS Programs. Check mark "Submit SAS Code when server is connected" and go to edit and past your LIBNAME code there and save. This code runs when ever you open SAS EG.

Thanks,
Suryakiran
CASLU
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation