BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Since the error for position happens quite late horizontally (lots of previous PD variables) and vertically (almost 1500000 records without problems), it points to a problem in the creation of the mainframe file. Have it checked by the host programmer responsible.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Do you just have issues with that one field that is in column 273?

If so then read the column using the $CHAR1. informat and do a proc freq on the observed values , probably with $HEX2. format attached and see what values are actually in your source data.  It is hard to tell in your posting but it looks like the value it is complaining about is  '02'x.  So perhaps it is a binary integer instead of a packed decimal?

martystoked
Calcite | Level 5

According to the copy book that I have that field is a: PIC  S9(1) COMP-3. My other concern though is that it doesn't look to be translating the first part of the program that I have pointed out in my other picture. Not sure if that could be causing the problems? I am running the process now to see if I can get a proc freq on those values.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Since the error for position happens quite late horizontally (lots of previous PD variables) and vertically (almost 1500000 records without problems), it points to a problem in the creation of the mainframe file. Have it checked by the host programmer responsible.

martystoked
Calcite | Level 5

That's what I was thinking because it is sometimes working thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation