BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
msd83
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I am using SAS Client 9.2 and I wast to run a programme remotely (SAS Server 9.4).

I have a numbers of macros in the programme. I am planning on storing the SAS files which have the code in it on the server.

I am going to use the Client Session to only execute the programme. I will do this by using rsubmit.

This is the first time I am trying this and I was wondering if there are any considerations I should be aware off.

E.g. will there be poterntially issues with marcos not being resolved.

Many thanks all

3 REPLIES 3
FloydNevseta
Pyrite | Level 9

This has always been a handy reference for me when working through issues with macros and remote submissions. It addresses most of the problems you may encounter and you'll learn a thing or two along the way.

"Interaction between Compute Services and Macro Processing"

SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.2 User's Guide

msd83
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply, I will check this out.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I believe easiest would be to define the macros on the remote server in a location which is part of the SAS AUTOCALL facility. SAS(R) 9.2 Macro Language: Reference

You could also extend the Autocall macro search path by adding the storage location for your macros with syntax like: "options sasautos=(sasautos 'c:\mymacros');"

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation