DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Macro variable

Super Contributor

Macro variable

See the log below. Can someone tell me how to call this macro variable in infile statement? Because I could not resolve the macro variable as per the log below.

1          %let filedate=%sysfunc(putn("&sysdate9"d-1,yymmdd10.));

2          %put &filedate;

2015-08-23

ERROR: Physical file does not exist,

/usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs/SASApp_STPServer_"&filedate"_tmptcmsaslva2_*.log.

Note: I copy\paste only the required log and NOT everything.

Super User
Super User

Re: Macro variable

I can't tell from the code you have given, how the infile statement looks.  It should look like:

infile "abc\def\&FILEDATE._tmp.csv";

However, why do you need the macro variable at all?

infile "abc\def\%sysfunc(putn("&sysdate9"d-1,yymmdd10.))_tmp.csv";

Trusted Advisor

Your error message could be interpreted as not a macro variable error, it could mean your macro variable has worked properly and your infile statement points to a file that doesn't exist.

It would help if you showed us the INFILE statement.

Super User
Super User

Looks like you used single quotes in the INFILE statement, so the macro variable was not expanded. Also I doubt the you want the double quote characters embedded into the filename.

infile "/usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs/SASApp_STPServer_&filedate._tmptcmsaslva2_*.log" ...

PROC Star

Yes, please show your INFILE statement.

If that is really the error message you are getting, I would guess maybe your infile statement looks something like:

infile '/usr/sas/.../SASApp_STPServer_"&filedate"_tmptcmsaslva1_*.log';

The single quotes would keep &filedate from resolving.   And you don't want double quotes in the middle of your file name.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation